Once known as Northington, a northern parish of Farmington, Avon, Ct. was incorporated in 1830 after the construction of the Farmington Canal. Located at the juncture of the Albany Turnpike, the Farmington Canal, and later the Farmington Canal Railroad, Avon became a transportation and commercial center of considerable importance through the 19th century.
Paperback 2010 Arcadia Publishing
Introduction by Nora O. Howard
Used copy but in like new condition
FREE Shipping orders over $100!